Age is a funny thing not truly based on numbers, but more on the maturity level of the individual. Although in number I am 22, I often am told that I act more like thirty due to the way that I present myself and handle the situations that are thrown in my direction. As a child I was often found spending time with adults rather than the children my age, and this was a trend that continued as I grew older. Even now in college where I am surrounded by so-called "adults", you will notice that the majority of people that I am close to are either in their late twenties, or are similar to me in that they act much older than their said age. Are there times when I wish I could act like a reckless and carefree child? Always, that however is often a difficult task for me to accomplish. The act of letting go and just living, is a task easier said, than done.
Monday, March 14, 2011
# 1
Age is a funny thing not truly based on numbers, but more on the maturity level of the individual. Although in number I am 22, I often am told that I act more like thirty due to the way that I present myself and handle the situations that are thrown in my direction. As a child I was often found spending time with adults rather than the children my age, and this was a trend that continued as I grew older. Even now in college where I am surrounded by so-called "adults", you will notice that the majority of people that I am close to are either in their late twenties, or are similar to me in that they act much older than their said age. Are there times when I wish I could act like a reckless and carefree child? Always, that however is often a difficult task for me to accomplish. The act of letting go and just living, is a task easier said, than done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment